Gatwick Airport is going social media friendly, that’s for sure. How ?
Gatwick was also the first airport to use mobile barcodes as public information points, the first European airport to have an Instagram feed, and has very active profiles on Facebook, Tumblr and Qype, a British user reviews site. Each channel has a different purpose and execution plan:
- Twitter: realtime updates and customer service replies
- Tumblr: talk about the latest news in a less formal way than on the Gatwick website
- Facebook: share updates and encourage visitors to share their experience, too
- Qype: allows passengers to leave and read transparent reviews about the airport and it’s facilities
- Foursquare: offers for passengers
- Instagram: adds a visual edge to Gatwick’s online presence, highlights images by others, too.